Solstice Of The Abyss Gaming
Welcome to the 'Solstice of The Abyss' Forums! The Garry's Mod HL2RP, and general gaming community for all!

- If you're an existing member, please log in now.

- If you're new here, register on to the forums as soon as possible!

Sincerely,
The Dead Anarchy Staff Team
SoTA Gaming Donator's Pack
Latest topics
» Join Our Server
Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:52 pm by Spade

» I like eating pineapples
Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:28 pm by DIABLO258

» Making a server.
Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:14 am by Spade

» still zzzzzzzzz
Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:23 am by wtf

» Dead Anarchy coming back!
Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:18 pm by Spade

» Sota IS COMING BACK! Confirmed by Snake4199
Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:24 am by DIABLO258

» ASS N TITTIES
Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:20 pm by RainbowFlare

» The funny thing is I got banned for "Trying to kill SoTA"
Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:00 am by DIABLO258

» Alone on SoTA
Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:56 am by profile_#name

Outlands Switch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What gamemodes would you like, or bring back ones that have worked before?

6% 6% 
[ 1 ]
19% 19% 
[ 3 ]
56% 56% 
[ 9 ]
19% 19% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 16

Outlands Switch

Post  Noobstrike on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:09 pm

The outlands as of now isn't being switched to another gamemode, But I'd like some community feedback on whether we should keep it, or switch it. Right now, it gets about...3-6 people every few days. It's not THAT popular...and it's more of a rebel thing.Plus it's passworded...and only open to certain people, so we aren't attracting any new people with it. Seeing as how our community is alot more than rebels, I think we ought to switch the gamemodes up and make a more open world free to players of all kind, different from HL2. So, heres my personal overview of each gamemode. Vote which one you would like, and I'll talk to snake.

Outlands- A large map with quite a bit of options, but limited options to other people. If you are not an established rebel, it's a little less intresting for you. Items need to be kept up, and players need to hope that they come on a day the admins have dropped items. If not, the roleplay can become boring. On the other hand, outlands roleplay is exciting once your fitted into it. Lots of NPC events, scenery, and somewhat of a survival feeling if your into things like that.
Althought their is no CCA, and players cannot play anything other than a wastelander if they are not an established OTA or an admin. So I give it like...eh...6/10?

Serverance- A decently popular zombie mode. Depending on the map, big or small, there are tons of possibilitys and placing to set up a fort. Very dramatic and sometimes scary roleplay, but mostly relies in items/weapons due to zombies are npc's. They are also bad roleplayers and the npc's cannot /me or /roll. :L Less passive, and more filled with action. Although, unique classes are limited. There is the U.S military, CEDA, and survivor, which about covers it. But hey, as long as items and weapons are somewhere to be found, a very fun, action packed game mode. 8.5/10 :3

Phase 4- Ok so some of you might have not even heard of phase 4...so...bleh. It's 20 years after the combine are defeated and leave. You awake in the city with little to no memory, but you slowly regain it back as time passes. People war over the last of the combine technology remaining, and whether it should be destroyed or not. Weird exo-skeleton jetpack suits and hybrid weapons are developed, and it is up to natural leaders to create factions. The factions can be anything from terrorist muggers, to peace keeping vigalantes, to crazed technologists bent on recreating the combine technology. Also, this game mode is great for general players, because items revolve completely around the player. There is the ability to craft, and money printers. Go to crafting tab, spawn a generator, get money out of it, buy a shot full of fluid that raises your engineering level, and create yourself 5 bandages. Repeat, create 5 health vials. And so on, until you raise enough money and skill to create jetpack exo-skeletons :3 The player is free to do as they want, and there are no set laws or permanent factions like the CCA or OTA. It's a very fun player-centered gamemode. The only downside is...it would probably take ALOT of time for it to be coded and suit up by snake...so...it may be buggy, or have a long wait. Good mode though...so Id say like....9/10 :3

Fallout- Some of you may never have done this either...but fallout is another good gamemode similar to phase 4, except not in the HL2 universe. If we use the popular apocolypse map, heres what to expect. You start off in the middle of a highway, everything around you is burning and broken in a wasteland. You see a body, see if it's alive, and find that it's dead, but you find a nice pistol. Just when you load it, a mutated alien jumps at you trying to kill you, you shoot it dead, walking away. It's just that eepic :3 In fallout, there is no crafting unfortunatly...but the game is mostly centered around factions, and scavenging. The three built in permanent factions are the NCR, BOS, and CL. NCR is good, BOS is neutralish, and CL is bad. NCR-new california republic...I think. BOS- Brotherhood of steel, they make technology for themselves and live underground, but steal resources to do so. CL- Evil peeps that enslave people and rape their houses and burn their women. Theres alot to do in fallout, scavenge, join factions, raid, wage wars, build fortresses, help rebuild the world, or shatter it and make a new one. All about choices. The game dosn't rely as much on items. It's more about factions, alliances, and what people choose to do. Admins would place items around the map like outlands and serverance, and the server wouldn't be passworded like outlands. I think fallout RP is an awesome game, also centered around the players and their choices. And psst....you don't NEED to have played fallout new vegas to understand it, :p. So I'd give this aaaa...9.5/10 Very Happy

These are my personal opinions, feel free to comment about how accurate or inaccurate they are, and remember to vote for your favorite. Kthxbai.

Making fun of hitler, since I have nothing better to do since like...2003.
Noobstrike
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Outlands Switch

Post  Noobstrike on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Oh yar, uh. P.s. Were getting alot of fallout votes :3 so feel free to do your map suggestions. We were going to do Rp_Apocolypse, but not all of our players have both EP1 and EP2 for it, So, I was thinking one of these :3
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=52608
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=118380

Noobstrike
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  profile_#name on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:50 am

Fallout New Vegas turns me on.

profile_#name

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:24 pm

Why did they throw tomato's at him?

Noobstrike
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike on Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Little low on posts? Is diablos's giant post bar anooying you? GET BIG(lol) and make a few pointless posts to keep this topic at ze top. SNAKE. NEEDS. TO PAY. ATTENSHUN. TO DIS! MAKE IT NOTICEABLE.

Noobstrike
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum21 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:02 pm

www.mylazysundays.com

That is all
Magnum21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:44 am

Yes. My big post bar.
Big... long... very long...
DIABLO258

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  profile_#name on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:21 am

DIABLO258 wrote:Yes. My big post bar.
Big... long... very long...

Do want.

profile_#name

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike on Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:02 pm

It has come to mein attention that snake is addicted to Arma II. So like srs. I never see him playing anything else. ever. ZEREFORE. We must all knock our heads and bleeding fingers togather to spam him over steam until we can get him to read the forums, go on garrysmod, steal britains tea, and change de second survurs gamemode. Cuz...I think he blocked me. For some reason. Mabye I messed up his realistical sniper shot...'oo knows. Your a faget harry. that is all.

Noobstrike
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:28 pm

*Makes pointless post*

Noobstrike
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  profile_#name on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:22 pm

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

profile_#name

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:30 pm

I just noticed im in your signature ZuE.
Neet.
DIABLO258

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:34 pm

DIABLO258

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike on Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Nope. Operators in a nutshell.

Noobstrike
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  profile_#name on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:07 pm

Operators: Retards with guns

Admins: Assholes with false respect

SuperAdmins: Respected Assholes

Owners: Neglecting

Members: Beaten and abused

profile_#name